There is not a single day when we do not surf the Internet or use social media. There are a huge number of users who perform various kinds of activities by going online and performing a basic search. If we look at the record of the past many years, we get to know that there are many human beings who are trying their best to accomplish their evil goals. This tells us that the Internet is not just a boon but a curse too because many people are falling victim to the evils of the Internet.
Every day so many people have to face the consequences of cyber-crimes such as identity-theft and alike. This not only results in loss of identity but also major financial losses are the result of it. Hence, McAfee has developed web protection software and named it as McAfee SiteAdvisor. You can call it a browser add-on that can be installed into Chrome, Internet Explorer and other web browsers as well. You can consider it as a trustworthy mate that helps you staying safe whenever you visit a malicious website or click on a suspicious link.
How to get McAfee WebAdvisor for Chrome?
McAfee site advisor chrome can be easily downloaded from the official website of McAfee. Follow the steps given below to get the web advisor extension for Chrome:
- Go to mcafee.com/activate from your Chrome to load the add-on directly.
- Now, click on the “Free Download” option and wait for it to complete.
- When the file gets downloaded, you have to “Run” it.
- After this, click on the “Install” option to begin installing the add-on instantly.
- Further, you have to restart your computer and go to the next step.
- When the device opens, click on the “Enable extension” option.
- You can now start using the SiteAdvisor for surfing the web safely.
Steps to turn on McAfee SiteAdvisor in Chrome
Sometimes when you update your browser McAfee WebAdvisor menu fails to load and this frustrates you a lot. At times, the menu loads but you are unable to use it and in this situation, you have to enable it. Here are the steps, how you can enable Mcafee SiteAdvisor chrome:
- To manually enable the McAfee SiteAdvisor to click: https://www.mcafee.com/siteadvisor for a plugin in your browser, first of all, open Chrome.
- After this go to the stacked menu icon on the right and click on it to open the menu.
- From here, select the“Settings” option followed by “Extensions”.
- Now, you have to tick-mark the “Enable” checkbox for McAfee WebAdvisor.
- Once, you enable it, you can start using the extension to start using the Internet safely.
Do not forget to enable the extension whenever you update your browser be it Chrome, Internet Explorer or any other browser. For more information, visit the official website of McAfee and go through the workarounds for resolving minor problems.